Internship at the Andy Hillman Studio

Thursday, October 10, 2013 Sarah Unes 0 Comments

As many of you will already know, if you want to work anywhere within the fashion industry, internships are the best start. At the beginning of the summer, after much pestering I was lucky enough to secure 2 internships. 

The first, at the Andy Hillman Studio, a fashion set design studio boasting clients such as Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Valentino, Mulberry and Vogue to name a few. Check out Andy’s portfolio here


Mulberry SS12 
Another Magazine / Craig McDean
Vogue China / Running Against Alice / Miles Aldridge

The studio is one of the most quirky places I have ever been in, so naturally I ended up with very few photos. Whilst at the studio, my job was to assist the studio as a whole- jobs varied from "testing" lilo's to helping to source and create props, visiting prop houses, to assisting in set builds for pretty exciting shoot days ( more on this in a later post!). 




My experience was great, and everything I was looking for – a combination of my theatre pursuits in set building and dressing as well as massively fashion based at the same time. The team were super friendly and chatty, ready to answer my many questions about other projects and made sure that I had a varied experience during my internship. 

More on the campaign shoot I was lucky enough to help out on as well as internship number 2 to come! 

XX




0 comments: