The Shining

Thursday, January 02, 2014 Sarah Unes 0 Comments

I am in the midst of a silver craze. 

Its my new favourite colour, for erm everything.  From stationary to nails to clothes to shoes. It also wards away vampires and werewolves, thats always handy right? 

Silver accessories can instantly add a futuristic , modern punch to any ensemble. Dressed up or down its super versatile.  Heres how to do it without looking or feeling like a christmas tree... 

Starting with my one and only, Miley Cyrus has re-worn these Prada beauts in  her music video for "We Can't Stop" as well as out and about and in Chicago promoting her new album.  She must love them as much as I do, because with that much money, I would most likely have a new pair of shoes for everyday of the year. Not the most practical choice of shoe, but its Miley and she can do no wrong in my eyes.  

Other celebrities seen rocking silver kicks include Olivia Palermo, Alexa Chung and Jordan Dunn.

Photo credit : shoefessional.com
Unfortunately I don't have £244.89 ( Originally £544.92) burning a hole in my wallet, so am on the hunt for a similar pair!  New Look had a fantastic substitute for just £8 but sold out in my size before I could get my hands on them! 

Kate Bosworth adds a modern twist to her white sweatshirt, instantly dressing up her look whilst managing to look so casually chic. The skirt is part of Kate's collaboration with Topshop


Image credit to Harpers Bazaar
AnnaSophia Robb demonstrates a how a little silver can really open up the eye and add a modern take to a classic beauty look. With just a flick of eyeliner, Anna completely transforms her look. Jeez, could this girl be anymore perfect? 
Photo credit to : beautyheaven.com.
Or if you're feeling brave, go all out with a full silver lid a-la Issey Miyake.

Silver is not just reserved for party season, and is set to be big news for S/S 14  : 

"SS14 has struck gold. And silver, bronze, emerald, ruby….in fact, all that glitters. Over the course of the week metallic fabrics were seen at numerous designers including Lanvin, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Dries Van Noten and Issey Miyake. These lustrous surfaces feel futuristic when taken away from the formality and occasion of winter; shimmering forms in the sun hint at life in the fast lane rather than the staid ornamentation of the party season."-- EDITD.


All photos from Style.com


As I type , I am purchasing a new silver bag and pumps and probably everything else I can get my hands on. Thank you Topshop, Asos,Miss Selfridge and Nasty Gal... for ridding me of my Christmas money! A haul post is on its way!

0 comments: