Kristen Stewart for Chanel

Saturday, May 03, 2014 Sarah Unes 0 Comments


Upon hearing the news that Kristen Stewart would be the new face of Chanel, I admit I was a little sceptical and slightly confused by the choice for the brand. But seeing the campaign photos, I will eat my words because its stunning.

 Kristen commented :

"Typically I wouldn't see myself as being the quintessential face of Chanel with the pearls and the classics but I liked stepping into that role and this suits me a little bit more than past collections because it is very American," she said. "I can't use the word bad-ass but there is something about it that is fun... fierce." (Fashion Telegraph)


Chanel Métiers d'Art Collection Paris-Dallas 2013/14 campaign






Admittedly, Kristen presents a different aesthetic to the regular polished image Chanel normally does, but this collection works so well with Kristens looks and personality. The brand did not try to make her something in which she is not, which I really admire. The muted colour scheme of the pared back set also works amazingly with the embellishment and detail of the collection and styling- I really feel like her hair just makes everything here too. My favourite shot? I'd have to say its a draw with the first image featured on this post and the last!

Images:

http://rescu.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/kristen-1.jpg
fashion.telegraph.co.uk
www.fashiongonerogue.com

0 comments: