Roksanda. Roksanda.

Thursday, October 02, 2014 Sarah Unes 0 Comments



About two weeks ago, whilst London Fashion Week was in full swing, I found myself at the Roksanda Spring/Summer '15 show.
I'd had the amazing opportunity to be a runner for the show. I was more than happy to meet the early call time ( a time of morning I never normally see) . I have to say- this show just reminded me of all the reasons I love the fashion world and need to be a part of it.



































At the begining of the day I was assigned to front of house with two security guards. It was my job to greet guests and photographers, as well as models and anyone part of the show. I have never ever done anything like this- I have always been a backstage worker at most shows I've worked - but never front of house dealing directly with people.  In the space of an hour I was face to face with employees of Vogue , Getty, Harpers, The New Yorker,  you name it.  While of course I was understandably a little intimidated and a bit shaken by the sheer scale of people trying to get into the show initially, I quickly found my feet- and calmed down. Other jobs revolved around assisting rehearsals and the general set up of the show. The show was produced by the lovely Blonstein and Associates- a regular fixture on the fashion event scene , and organised by Starworks PR. I just felt really privileged to be around all of these amazing, and insanely friendly people. Even better, I got to watch the entire show at the end of it and spotted Suzy Menkes, BryanBoy and of course the lady herself Roksanda and her adorable little girl. I really don't know how I didn't just fangirl all over them looking back.



Best of all? I got to watch the entire show which was full of angular prints, colour block sandals and crazy beautiful cocktail dresses. Here are a few phone photos I managed to snap.





















So what have I taken from all this? Stay calm, I love being around shows and I would die for one of those dresses.

My personal favourites were the two co-ord sets and the three final looks which I adore!

Listening to  : 21 Flights: Heavy English || West Coast : Lana Del Rey



0 comments: